Cowley is a small, quiet village nestled in a picturesque setting, between the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and the prairie land of Southwestern Alberta. Residents here enjoy the “country like” relaxed life style and surrounding scenery.
Cowley is located on Highway #3 which is the main thoroughfare through southern Alberta to British Columbia. Close proximity to all shopping facilities; 10 minutes to Pincher Creek, 30 minutes to Crowsnest Pass, 1 hour to Lethbridge, 2 hours to Calgary. Waterton National Park and Castle Mountain Resort are each less than an hour drive away.
Pincher Creek Peace Officers extend services to the Village of Cowley
The Town of Pincher Creek and the Village of Cowley have entered into a joint agreement that permits the Town of Pincher Creek peace officers to provide bylaw and traffic safety services in the Village of Cowley. All services provided will be in accordance to the guidelines set out by the Community Peace Officer Program through the Province of Alberta. The service agreement that is approved by both Councils is a cost recovery agreement.
Village of Cowley residents can submit requests for service online by using the following link https://bit.ly/CowleyBylaw
Right: Mayor Mickels and Mayor Anderberg signing the agreement.
- Renowned local attractions include:
- Heritage Acres Farm Museum,
- Frank Slide Interpretive Centre,
- Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump,
- Oldman River Dam,
- Three Rivers Rock & Fossil Museum,
- Pincher Creek Kootenai Brown Pioneer Village.
- Cowley was featured in the 2005 motion picture Brokeback Mountain as the fictional town of Signal, Wyoming.
- Cowley is also home of Black Beauty, one of only three Tyrannosaurus Rex dinosaurs located in Western Canada!
Our size, location, quiet relaxing life style, close proximity to unlimited recreational opportunities, and easy access to Alberta’s major centres makes the Village of Cowley a great place to live.