Cowley is a small, quiet village nestled in a picturesque setting, between the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and the prairie land of Southwestern Alberta. Residents here enjoy the “country like” relaxed life style and surrounding scenery.
Cowley is located on Highway #3 which is the main thoroughfare through southern Alberta to British Columbia. Close proximity to all shopping facilities; 10 minutes to Pincher Creek, 30 minutes to Crowsnest Pass, 1 hour to Lethbridge, 2 hours to Calgary. Waterton National Park and Castle Mountain Resort are each less than an hour drive away.
- Renowned local attractions include:
- Heritage Acres Farm Museum,
- Frank Slide Interpretive Centre,
- Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump,
- Oldman River Dam,
- Three Rivers Rock & Fossil Museum,
- Pincher Creek Kootenai Brown Pioneer Village.
- Cowley was featured in the 2005 motion picture Brokeback Mountain as the fictional town of Signal, Wyoming.
- Cowley is also home of Black Beauty, one of only three Tyrannosaurus Rex dinosaurs located in Western Canada!
Our size, location, quiet relaxing life style, close proximity to unlimited recreational opportunities, and easy access to Alberta’s major centres makes the Village of Cowley a great place to live.